Monday, May 7, 2012

Time for an Update

Well, it's been weeks since I updated this blog, so I guess it's time that I updated it again. Not a lot has really been happening, however. The current cycle is almost over; the last day of class is May 17. After that, I have a break until June 4 or 5 (I can't remember). Not sure what I'll be doing during the break yet. Everything depends on money. The stipend I make at CEC is enough for me to live, but it's not enough to live and travel. And unfortunately, I seem to have used up what meager savings I had. So I'm thinking I will go to Machala to visit my close friend Iris. This will be much cheaper than anything else because I can take a bus there and back (which will suck, but oh well) and then stay at her apartment.

It's been really rainy lately in Quito. The weather has not done a lot to elevate my mood. I never thought I'd say it, but I actually miss the Texas heat and the Texas sun. (I hope you were sitting down when you read that so you didn't fall over from shock.) I plan to stay here at least another year, but I can't wait to visit in August. I plan to go down to Austin with Ally so I can lounge around Barton Springs and go tubing on the river. If I have enough money and time, I would love to go to Six Flags with Kristen, too, but I don't see that happening. :-(

One thing I will definitely need to do when home: get new clothes. I think the dramatic weight loss has slowed/stopped, but most of my clothes still do not fit. Either that, or they are getting stained from the pollution or stretched out. I also need a heavier jacket. It's sooo cold here right now (when the sun isn't out, which is a lot of the time), that I tend to stay in my bed when I'm at my apartment.

Anyway, I think that's about all I've got right now. Hopefully I'll have something more interesting to write in the next couple of weeks from my break. :-)

And because I always include pictures:


On the way back from Otavalo with Israel

No comments:

Post a Comment